These general guidelines for uploading content may change at any time. Please review them each time you consider uploading to Bigstock. We reserve the right to remove any previously accepted submission at any time for any reason from the Bigstock library.
- Do inspect all images at 100% before uploading them to make sure they are in sharp focus and are free of artifacting, noise, dust & scratches.
- Do send full-sized images. Upsizing images frequently results in loss of quality.
- Do keyword your images carefully. This is how people find your work. Make sure all keywords relate directly to the image.
- Do choose the correct category. If your image cannot fit into two appropriate categories, please only choose one. (*Illustrators: Illustrations and vectors must go into the Illustration category.*)
- Do keyword your images in English only. We have a language algorithm that automatically translates the image's description and keywords into every language that we offer on the site.
- Don’t embed your own watermark, website name, or copyright notice in your images. We protect your images with our own watermark, which is applied when your image is accepted to our site.
- Don't "frame" or put decorative borders your photos.
- Don't send snapshots. We do not accept photos with heavy shadows from the on-camera flash. Make sure your images have a clear topic and focus.
- Don't send 10 snapshot pictures of your family pet.
- Don't send dark or muddy travel pictures.
- Don't send the same image with slight variations on the angle.
- Don't send the same image in color, black and white, sepia, and blue tone. One color version is enough. If any variation on color actually enhances the image, then you may submit it separately, but we do not want a batch of photos where each is submitted in four different ways.
- Don't send similar shots when only one is your favorite. Edit on your own. Keep batch sizes of similar subjects down to the bare minimum.
- Don't send flower pictures labeled "Flower" or "Spring Scene". Photos of flowers should be labeled with the scientific or common name. Labeling plants and animals with their scientific names may increase your sales (*Please avoid sending mediocre images that we already have a lot of such as sunsets, flowers, nature, etc.*).
Submissions must NOT contain any copyrighted material including paintings, other copyrighted photos, copyrighted logos, or any other art/advertisements/sculptures/exhibits or audio which are copyrighted. If submitted material contains any of these or other types of copyrighted content, you must either submit releases from the copyright owners or you must mark the images as editorial and create an appropriate caption in Dateline Format for the description.